Note: We are currently having issues retrieving health library content from Mayo. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Caring for an aging relative can be an enormous responsibility, and it's often difficult to know where to turn for reliable help. The articles below are designed to help you understand the needs of elders in your life, find care you trust, and cope with the challenges of caregiving.
Articles and Tips
- Aging parents: 8 warning signs of health problems
- Home care services: Questions to ask
- Senior health: How to prevent and detect malnutrition
- Caregiver stress: Tips for taking care of yourself
- Alzheimer's: When to stop driving
- Long-term care: Early planning pays off
- Memory loss: When to seek help
- Older drivers: 7 tips for driver safety
- Memory loss: 7 tips to improve your memory
- Caregiver depression: Prevention counts
- Fall prevention: Simple tips to prevent falls
- Terminal illness: Supporting a terminally ill loved one
- Diagnosing Alzheimer's: How Alzheimer's is diagnosed
- Alzheimer's or depression: Could it be both?
- Caring for the elderly: Dealing with resistance
- Aging: What to expect
- End of life: Caring for a dying loved one