MHN, a Health NetTM company, delivers clinically based workplace solutions to improve productivity for its clients and enhance the lives of its members.
MHN's products range from Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) and behavioral health services to organizational development and wellness programs. MHN's solutions promote work/life balance, wellness, employee productivity and organizational efficiency.
MHN and its affiliated companies provide EAP, non-medical counseling, behavioral health care and other services through commercial, affiliate and government accounts. With over 40 years of behavioral health care experience, MHN serves over 800 client accounts, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, multi-employer funds and affiliate accounts through Health Net.
MHN partners with a nationwide provider network of over 63,000 licensed practitioners and 1,500 hospitals and care facilities.
MHN also partners and collaborates with leading behavioral health organizations to promote best practices and add to the awareness of behavioral health issues, including the Association for Behavioral Health and Wellness (ABHW), the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH), and the California Association of Health Plans (CAHP).
MHN is URAC accredited in Health Utilization Management and is licensed under the Knox-Keene Health Care Service Plan Act as a specialized health care service plan in mental health and chemical dependency.
Headquartered in San Rafael, California, MHN has offices and call centers throughout the United States.
MHN's Products and Services
MHN's programs and services are customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Customers may purchase one or a combination of the following:
- An EAP that offers a variety of session models, including face-to-face counseling, telephonic and web-video consultations, management consultations, job performance referrals and critical incident response services
- Behavioral health plans (mental health and substance use disorder treatment) that offer assessment and referral to a nationwide provider network, member services, care management and utilization review, quality management, claims administration and reporting
- Personalized wellness coaching for extra support when employees are ready to make a change
- Online member services that provide easy access to emotional health and work-life programs, tools and information
- Work & life services, both telephonic and web-enabled, that include assistance for legal, financial, childcare, eldercare, identity theft recovery and daily living needs
- Training, consulting and organizational development services
Behavioral health programs are offered on a full risk, shared risk and Administrative Services Only (ASO) basis.