It’s hot! The blazing summer sun is here, and there’s nothing like being outdoors with a nice ice-cold drink in hand. Serve this fruit slush as a drink or a dessert. Keep leftovers in the fridge for later. Then pour it over fresh ice when you’re ready for more.
• 2 2/3 cups cantaloupe or watermelon (coarsely chopped, seeded, peeled)
• 1 2/3 cup kiwi (coarsely chopped, optional)
• 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
• 2 tablespoons line juice
• 2 cups water
1. In a blender, puree fruit with sugar and lime juice until smooth.
2. Combine fruit mixture and water in a large pitcher.
3. If desired, pour through a strainer to eliminate pulp.
4. Cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
5. To serve, stir well and pour into tall glasses over ice.
Recipe source: www.choosemyplate.gov
This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Please always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions. Programs and services are subject to change. Managed Health Network, LLC (MHN) is a subsidiary of Health Net, LLC. The MHN companies include Managed Health Network and MHN Services, LLC. Health Net and Managed Health Network are registered service marks of Health Net, LLC or its affiliates. All rights reserved.