Your behavioral health benefits
Your MHN behavioral health plan covers medically necessary mental health services and substance use disorder treatment. Benefits generally include:
- Sessions with therapists, psychiatrists or psychologists.
- Treatment in settings that meet your medical needs – from care for a few hours per day, several days a week (referred to as “alternate levels of care”), to 24-hour care (referred to as “inpatient treatment”).
- Treatment follow-up and aftercare.
MHN does not provide or administer prescription drug or pharmacy benefits. Please consult your medical plan documents or your medical plan’s website for information about your prescription drug coverage.
Please call MHN or refer to your official plan documents (Summary Plan Description or Evidence of Coverage), or your employer’s Group Services Agreement for details about:
- Who is eligible for plan benefits (usually full-time employees and their dependents).
- What services require preauthorization.
- What services are covered when you use an MHN network provider.
- What services are covered when you use a provider who’s not in our network (some plans only cover in-network services).
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
- Benefit exclusions and limitations.