Quality Improvement Initiatives
Each year MHN develops initiatives as part of an ongoing commitment to quality improvement. This commitment is reflected in our work plan which includes the following activities for improvement:
Targeted focus on improving specific behavioral health HEDIS® measures:
- Follow-Up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness (FUH)
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness (FUM)
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependence (FUA)
- Antidepressant Medication Management (AMM)
- Follow-Up Care for Children Prescribed ADHD Medication (ADD)
- Other measures as required.
Communication & Collaboration with Network Practitioners
- Ensure network participation in quarterly QIUMC (Quality Improvement Utilization Management Committee) meetings with at least 2 active MHN network practitioners in attendance.
- Keep MHN Provider Portal up to date with current Quality Improvement information including:
- Recent MHN Provider Newsletters
- Updated quality improvement materials, forms, and documents
- Updated information on quality improvement projects and initiatives.
- Publish the MHN Provider Newsletter three times a year to include results from the annual member and provider satisfaction surveys, annual regulation updates as well as other important and timely news items from various MHN departments.